Friday, June 23, 2017

Over My Shoulder


Percy:  I guess this is life in the tech age.  Always having to look over your shoulder to see who is doing what behind your back.

Taylor: So who is doing what behind you, Percy?  I don't see anyone there.

Percy:  I don't mean physically behind me, Taylor.

Micah:  Then where is the cat hiding?

Percy:  There's no cat.  I'm referring to Windows 10.  Remember all the problems with the uninstalled printer this week after Winton installed Creator?  Mr. Doug finally fixed the printer problem.

Cyndi:  So you can stop looking over your shoulder and relax.

Percy:  Not really.  Last night Jan started to prepare some photos for today's Mousebreath interview and she discovered the text in Photoshop Elements was broken.

Taylor:  How do you break text?

Percy:  That's a good question.

Micah:  What's the answer?

Percy:  I have no idea!  But Microsoft managed to do it.  After a period of panic, Jan decided to check the web to see if anyone else had that problem and found a whole host of Adobe photo program users have had the same problem after Win 10 Creator installed.

Rusty:  So "Creator" is actually a misnomer?

Percy:  Right!  We want to let Adobe users know to expect this.  If the text engine can not initialize after Win 10 Creator installs, the solution can be found on an Adobe forum:  https://forums.adobe.com/message/9458385#9458385.  It does work, and when you restart your photo program, Adobe will replace the file. 

Cyndi:  Oh, good, that means we can finish our interview post and sleep well tonight!


Rusty:  We'd like to introduce Chuck from the blog Eastside Cats.  He lives inside with his sister Angel. The "O" Cats, Sweetie and Patty live outside.  You can read The Eastside Inside Outside Cats at Mousebreath.

Taylor:  I'm so glad Percy can relax now.

Percy:  I can't relax.  Who knows what other software Jan will find broken?

Cyndi:  Well, Jan is just about ready for bed as we write this, so you can relax for tonight, Percy, and go back to looking over your shoulder tomorrow.

Percy:  I'm not sure I can do that.

Micah:  Why not?

Percy:  I've been looking over my shoulder for so long I can't turn my head.  Do any of you know a good chiropractor that makes house calls?


We are joining the Pet Parade hosted by Rascal and Rocco, Basil the Bionic Cat, Barking from the Bayou and Owned by a husky.  


21 comments:

  1. Hari OM
    MOL.. Oh Percy, I have come out in sympathy with you today, as have a big cricked neck and got a heatpack on it even now!!! I hope you find relief and relax after yet another episode in the Winton saga. Hugs and whiskeries, YAM-aunty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big brother is always watching
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad Jan was able to find some helpful answers out there! I'll have to watch out for this. And we love the Eastside Cats. Off to read the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percy, as it just so happens, I know a chiropractor who makes house calls...for cats and dogs! What do you think about that?
    Thank you for staying up late, to publish our Eastside Cats interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Geez, it sounds like the Windoz humans are always messing up something. We work on a Mac, and when my human hears a new story about something that has gone wrong with Windows, she shuts down any idea of ever switching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We sure hope Jan's Win10 problems are over. Wowie we sure are glad we never downloaded it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry that you're still having computer woes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're glad Jan found an answer on that forum ! We're on Mac, and are happy of our choice when we hear about the adventures of Windows 10. Purrs

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does sound like creator is creating havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tech problems are the worst. I used to install things without a second thought ... but after a few bad experiences, I'm much more careful about how one tiny change can cascade across an entire system! And time spent fixing that means less time for Bear Cat - which he doesn't appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aaaaaahhhhhhhhh....we hafta get two mousebreath pron toe.......we noes thiz dood !!!!!!! ☺☺☺ thiz will be grate ta see what extree scoop he haz !! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man....what a pain in the patootie!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Trouble comes where you least expect it - right in front of you!

    Your Pals,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Computers are such a pain sometimes. I love Eastside Cats, I will head over to their interview now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Percy, you might find a good one who can make cat calls, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Windows 10 - grrrrrrr!!!!
    I did not even get a chance to choose if I wanted to install it!!! And I hate it! I cant tell you the issues" I've has in the last year.
    Love Barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stupid computers!
    Hi-s-s-s-s...

    Noodle and crew

    ReplyDelete
  18. That creator sure does create a lot of havoc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The maker of creator (sheesh that sounds crazy), must have a bone to pick with society at large...and sooner or later those peeps will begin to pick on him if not already.

    We are with all the others above us about Windows 10 and all its horrors.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Well ya' lost us. 'Course we don't have dat photoshop paid thingy so guess we don't have those purroblems. As fur dat chiro, what 'bout Taylor or Micah? Surely a little massage would make it all better?. MOL Big hugs

    Luv ya'

    Dezi and Raena

    ReplyDelete
  21. You all have this figured out, mom has photo chopped and never used it.
    too confusing for us.
    xo Astro

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by for a visit. We love to hear from you.